Vortex Plumbing Kit includes the necessary parts required to
connect a new VORTEX Solar Pool Heating System into the plumbing system of an existing swimming pool filtration system,
if purchasing components together as a preselected kit is desired.
The Plumbing Kit delivers everything necessary for a hassle free
do-it-yourself installation by the average handy person.
Plumbing Kit Highlights include:
• 1 - 3-way Manual Control Valve; for turning solar on and off,
• and for regulating flow - which controls pool temperature*
• 2 - Check Valves; for preventing backflow through the pool's
• filtering system, and the solar system return line
• PVC Pipe Fittings; a large assortment for tying into the
• existing pool filtration system, and for plumbing the PVC
• piping to and from the solar panel system**
• Installation Parts and Accessories; various components for
• eliminating purchasing guesswork/time consuming shopping
PVC Pipe Fittings include:
• 18 - 2" PVC 90 Elbows; used to connect two pieces
of 2" PVC pipe together at a right angle
• 12 - 2" PVC 90 Street Elbows; used to connect one piece
of 2" PVC pipe into another fitting at a right angle
• 18 - 2" PVC Couplings; used to connect two pieces
of 2" PVC pipe together in a straight line
• 11 - 2" PVC Tee; used to connect three pieces of 2" PVC
pipe together in a T-shaped configuration
• 11 - 2" x 1 1/2" PVC Flush Bushing; used to connect one
piece of 1 1/2" PVC pipe to a 2" fitting in straight line
Installation Parts and Accessories include:
• 1 - Tube Polyurethane Sealant; used for creating waterproof
seal between the panel mounting hardware / pipe clamps
and the roof [not included with Concrete Roof or Rack Kits]
• 12 - 2 1/2" Galvanized Two-Hole Pipe Clamps; used to
support 2" PVC pipe on a wall or the roof while
allowing for expansion and contraction
• 4 - #14 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" - 5/16" Tapcon Hex Head Screws;
used to secure a Pipe Clamp when mounting the 3-Way
Valve to a concrete block wall
• 22 - #14 - 1/4" x 2" - 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws;†
used to secure the Pipe Clamps to the roof
†Concrete Tile or Wood/Metal Rack applications include:
The appropriate screws are substituted for the Stainless Steel Screws above - based on the customer requirements that are
chosen in dropdown selection box at top of this page entitled
"System Hardware Kit based on installation application"
• Shingle, Metal or Modified/Rolled Roofs or Pressure Treated
• Wood Frame Racks, use standard kit screws:
#14 - 1/4" x 2" - 3/8" Hex Head Stainless Steel Screws
• Barrel or Flat Concrete Tile or Concrete Roofs, substitute:
#14 - 1/4" x 1 1/4" - 5/16" Tapcon Hex Head Screws
• Aluminum or Steel Frame Racks, substitute:
#14 - 1/4" x 1" - 7/16" Hex Head Bolts and Locking Nuts
*The 3-way control valve is easily used to turn the solar
heater on or off, plus regulate the flow of water and adjust
the temperature. Manual adjustments only need to be made
occasionally as the seasons change.
**With the purchase of a Plumbing Kit, an average installation
requires only the purchase of PVC piping, which is cost prohibitive
to ship, and can be purchased at any local hardware supply.
Note: 2" system plumbing is standard; 1½" kits by request.
Note: VORTEX Plumbing Kits can be used on most other brands
of solar panels.
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering unit sizing support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
• Brand and cost-of-operation comparisons
Processing and Delivery Information: Please allow Processing Time as stated above for your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Please call for Rush Processing and/or Rush Shipping options.