4x10 Solar Pool Heating Panels with 2 Inch Header for replacement of Fafco & Aquatherm panels [size matches most Fafco/Aquatherm brand panels; check specifications vs existing panel to ensure exact fit - slight variations in length can usually be compensated for with connecting rubber couplings] Note: the absorber surface is flat with internal oval tubes compared to the original Fafco brand which has round tubes exposed tubes; this variation in surface may be noticeable from the ground and should be considered if aesthetics is a major concern.
Also consider replacing your entire aging system to a new Vortex system – complete kits are available to replace all of the panels and roof hardware.
VORTEX 4x10 Solar
Pool Heating Panels
The Energy SuperMarket's best selling swimming pool heater, the superior quality design of VORTEX earns it 5 star plus rating in our Consumer Value guide!
Plus... The Energy SuperMarket offers the lowest on-line factory direct pricing available! Guaranteed. And VORTEX systems are backed by the best factory warranty in the industry!!!
SINGLE 4x10 VORTEX Solar Panels may be ordered in any quantity required.
A Vortex Panel Kit is necessary [one per panel] for the mounting of each individual panel to the roof or rack, and for connecting it to the adjacent panel.
Note: When ordering - enter the number of panels required in the "quantity" box - after clicking the "Add to Cart" button above.
• Custom Configurations
Single Panels are ideal for adding one or more different sized panels to a Standard, Deluxe, or Premium Kit for the purpose of creating a custom configuration to accommodate complex roof designs. [See specific notes and examples directly below*].
• Replacement or Repair
Single Panels are also perfect for replacing one or more panels on an existing system in need of repairs [VORTEX will connect to most other manufactures products – see product specifications].
• Boosting Operating Temperature
When high temperatures are desired or required, increasing heat higher than standard operating temperatures of 80-85 degree range on a new or existing system can be achieved by simply adding panels [See Specific Formula Sizing Guide for detailed instructions].
• Improving Poor Performance
Adding one or more panels to an existing installed system is an excellent way to increase the inadequate heating performance of an under-engineered solar pool heating system.
*Custom Configurations Note: Combining different size panels requires the use of a Split Kit; purchase in the product listing section.
*Custom Configurations Example: Combining six 4x10s on roof A with two 4x10s on roof B. In this example the customer would order a six panel 4x10 Standard, Deluxe, or Premium Solar Heater Kit, and separately order a quantity of two additional Single 4x8 Panels, which include accompanying Hardware Kit for each panel, plus one Split Kit.
IMPORTANT Note: Special discounts are available on large quantity orders, and for licensed pool and building contractors; please contact a Customer Service Agent.
Download » Vortex Specification Sheet PDF Format
Note that the specifications are for a standard 1.5" header; a Fafco Style panel comes with upgraded 2" headers. HEADER O.D. (in / cm) 2.31 / 5.87, I.D. 1.89 / 4.80
VIEW » Vortex Install Manual PDF Format
View the manual for details on installing a solar pool heater
VIEW » Ground Rack Diagram PDF Format
Specification diagram for optional ground rack
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering unit sizing support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
• Brand and cost-of-operation comparisons
Function: Replacement or supplement of solar panels
Benefits: Worldwide shipping – Factory Direct Internet prices!!!
• Easy to read installation manual; step-by-step diagrams
• Proper panel selection supported by customer service agent
• Installation supported by solar engineer tech assistance
• Toll-Free help line and/or online e-mail tech support
• 10-Year Full-Replacement Factory Warranty
• VORTEX - highest quality pool heater in the solar industry
• Backed up with best customer warranty offered today
• Panels designed to exceed commercial grade specifications
• Severe-duty construction 30% heavier than industry average
• Highest panel life expectancy; typically lasts 15-20 years
• Combines high flow rates with low system pressure allowing
• maximum transfer of heat while reducing strain on pump
Product Manufacturer: Pool Heating Distributors
Our Star Rating system is the direct result of experience with well over 4000 actual units in the field in the homes of our customers.
The criteria are:
• Quality of Materials and Workmanship
• Reliability and frequency of repairs
• Factory response to service or warranty issues
• Strength of the warranty
• Customer satisfaction
• Efficiency [verifiable rating certification by industry accepted test
Processing and Delivery Information: Please allow Processing Time as stated above for your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Please call for Rush Processing and/or Rush Shipping options. Due to high demand between March and July, extended processing time may occur; allow up to 21 business days for order processing. Due to the size and weight of this item, expedited shipping is usually prohibitive; call for quotation.
IMPORTANT Delivery Note:
• Delivery truck driver will require handling assistance to be provided by purchaser when unloading unit from truck. Liftgate service available at an additional fee.