PC Meterbus Adapter™ Model MSC
Morningstar’s PC Meterbus Adapter converts a controller’s meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment. The MSC may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a meter connection that does not also already have a RS-232 port.
By converting to RS-232, the MSC allows Morningstar’s controllers and inverters to communicate with a variety of third party serial enabled devices such as:
• A PC running Morningstar’s MS View software or any other
• A serial enabled device such as an internet gateway.
• Another MODBUS enabled hardware device at the site that needs to
access solar system information.
Establishing a communications link enables the monitoring or logging of data from the controller or inverter as well as the customizing of any user-adjustable settings. The MSC makes available a wide variety of data stored in Morningstar’s products such as (varies by product):
• Battery Voltage (including minimum and maximum)
• Solar charge current to the battery
• Load current from the battery
• Accumulated solar and load amp hours
• Charge Stage
• Errors and alarms
• Local and battery temperature
• Data logging files
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for a high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own data specification.
The MSC Kit includes:
• PC Meterbus Adapter
• RS-232 cable with connectors: 1.8 meters (5.9 feet)
• RJ-11 cable with connectors: 1 meter (3.3 feet)
Product Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering product info and ordering support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
Product Manufacturer: MorningStar Corporation
Note: All product performance tests and claims are that of the manufacturer, not The Energy Supermarket.
Processing and Delivery Information: Please allow Processing Time as stated above for your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Please call for Rush Processing and/or Rush Shipping options.