TriStar Solar Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking, 60 Amp Model TS-MPPT-60
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TriStar MPPT features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
TriStar MPPT Solar Controller Features and Benefits
• Maximizes Energy Harvest
• Extremely High Reliability
• Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities
• Metering and Data Logging
Maximizes Energy Harvest - Our TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
• Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
• Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
• Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed
• Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels
Extremely High Reliability
• Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
• Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for
• No mechanical relays
• Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
• Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally coated printed
Very High Efficiency
• Peak efficiency of 99%
• Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
• Low self-consumption
• Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
• Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to minimize losses
Extensive Networking and Communications Capabilities - Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s MS View software.
• Meterbus: communications between compatible Morningstar
• Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
• EIA-485: communications between multiple devices on a bus
• Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local network or internet;
view from a web browser or send email/text messages.
Metering and Data Logging
• Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed
operating data, alarms and faults
• Three LED’s display system status
• Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
Product Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering product info and ordering support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
Product Manufacturer: MorningStar Corporation
Note: All product performance tests and claims are that of the manufacturer, not The Energy Supermarket.
Processing and Delivery Information: Please allow Processing Time as stated above for your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Please call for Rush Processing and/or Rush Shipping options.