EIA-485 / RS-232 Communications Adapter
Morningstar's EIA-485 / RS-232 Communications Adapter (RSC-1) enables networking capability by converting a controller or inverter's RS-232 port to a standard EIA-485 serial connector. The RSC-1 may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a RS-232 port.
By converting to EIA-485, the RSC-1 allows up to 128 Morningstar products to communicate on the same communication bus and over much greater distances.
Typical configurations include:
• Networking several TriStar and/or TriStar-MPPT controllers
• Adding Morningstar's PC Meterbus Adapters (MSC) for use with
an RJ-11 port in multi-device networks
• Adding Morningstar's Relay Driver to a network
• Integrating any compatible Morningstar product into an existing
EIA-485 network, such as those used by industrial control or
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for its robust design and high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own MODBUS specification (see our website for full details) that covers the data available from each products specific functions.
RSC-1 Adapter Features:
• Removable four (4) position EIA-485 terminal
• 9-pin RS-232 connector (male)
• Status LED for monitoring and diagnostics
• Molded tabs for attachment to 35mm standard DIN rail
• RS-232 ribbon cable (not shown) with low-profile connectors
Product Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering product info and ordering support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
Product Manufacturer: MorningStar Corporation
Note: All product performance tests and claims are that of the manufacturer, not The Energy Supermarket.
Processing and Delivery Information: Please allow Processing Time as stated above for your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Please call for Rush Processing and/or Rush Shipping options.