Gobi 406 Solar Water Heater Collector
Set of Two 4 x 6 Collectors
The new GOBI has undergone a complete transformation for 2011 making it the industry’s best flat plate collector. By redesigning the frame and incorporating state of the art components, the GOBI has a reduced profile and even better performance. With 3 sizes (4x6, 4x8, 4x10) and 2 absorber surface types to choose from, there is a GOBI collector for every type of solar water heating application
Thinnest Profile – The redesigned frame is easier to handle for installers and offers the end user a streamlined, sleek look on their roof compared to bulky traditional flat plate collectors.
Rated Top Performance – New SRCC ratings certify that the GOBI now ranks among the best OG-100 collectors. The high energy output of the GOBI offers maximum performance out of the solar hot water system.
Easiest to Install – The GOBI retains its unique Dyn-O-Seal (DOS) union interconnection method. DOS unions come factory assembled and eliminate the time consuming task of soldering each collector together in an array.
New Design Features
• 1” reduction in frame thickness
• Improved insulation
• Full plate absorber
• Rounded frame edge
• OG-100 certified with higher performance and efficiency
1. Low profile, 6063-T6 anodized aluminum frame makes the collector extremely rigid and rust proof
2. Factory fitted 1” Dyn-O-Seal inter-connections eliminate the need for soldering when connecting or capping off collectors
3. Pipes sized for minimal pressure drop and optimal flow
4. Double-strength tempered low iron solar glass with anti-glare finish resists potential damage from harsh weather conditions
5. 2.8” thick profile makes the GOBI the thinnest collector available in the U.S.
6. Weep slots minimize condensation
7. Built-in flange for mounting without collector penetration
ABSORBER SURFACE Options:
BLACK paint coating
• An economical choice
• Adequate heat absorption in ideal climate regions
• Best for warm climates with ample solar radiation
BLUE sputtered coating
• Optimal heat absorption with minimal emission
• Suitable for all types of installations and regions
• Recommended for cool climates
• Domestic and commercial hot water
• Industrial process water
• Waste water
• Cooling with absorption chillers
Product Specifications, each collector:
• Gross Surface Area 26.94 ft2
• Absorber Surface Area 24.91 ft2
• Dimensions: Height 81.56", Width 47.56", Depth 2.8"
• Dry Weight 74 lbs
• Fluid Capacity: 0.6 gallon
• Maximum Operating Pressure: 150 psi (10.34 Bar)
• Recommended Design Flow Rate (glycol/water mix): 0.8 gal/min
• Recommended Design Flow Rate (water): 0.7 gal/min
• Wind Load Certification: 50 psf (2.39 kPa)
Storage Tank Recommended Minimum Size:
• 80 gallons per 2 Gobi 406
Optional Mounting Hardware:
To view all mounting hardware kits, click here.
Use this table to determine the mounting hardware necessary to flush or rack mount 2 to 8 collectors.
Plumbing GOBI Collectors using Dyn-O-Seal
Unions with Discs:
Gobi Collectors are factory fitted with heavy brass half-unions for quick interconnection without soldering. The unions make a positive seal with any solar collector fluid. The O-rings, (two per collector), are to be inserted before tightening the mating halfunions on the collectors. They are attached to the Gobi Frame in a plastic pouch. Capping off and connecting feeder lines can be efficiently performed with the DOS Disk kit.
DOWNLOAD » Plumbing and Connection (PDF)
VIEW » Detailed Product Description
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering product info and ordering support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
Product Manufacturer: Heliodyne, Inc.
Product Warranty: 5 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Delivery Information: Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for orders to be processed, plus standard transportation delivery time.
Shipping amounts may vary due to fluctuations in the transportation industry. Final shipping costs may need to be adjusted during order processing. If there is a change in the total shipping cost you will be contacted for approval before the order is finalized.
Note: All product performance tests and claims are that of the manufacturer, not The Energy Supermarket.