Eagle E2 Dual Relay Two Zone Controller
Dual Circuit Universal Differential Controller
• 30 Amp Rated
• Line Powered
• With Conduit holes for permanent wiring
• Includes 2 sensors
• Differential and Heat Dump Cycles for pressurized and evacuated tube collectors
• Differential and Space Heating combined cycles with independent storage, and much more
Basic "Single Relay" Eagle 2 Controller Operation:
• TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE CONTROL - When the temperature difference between the sensor on the solar collector and the sensor in the storage tank exceeds the dialed temperature difference setting (ON DIF), the PUMP relay will actuate after a 30 second delay. The BLUE LED indicator will also turn ON. When the temperature difference decreases and falls below 4°F (2.2°C), the PUMP relay and the BLUE LED indicator will turn off without delay.
• HIGH LIMIT CONTROL - When the temperature in the storage tank exceeds the HI-LIMIT dialed setting, the PUMP relay will be turned OFF without delay regardless of the status of the temperature difference that exists between the STORAGE tank and the solar COLLECTOR. The BLUE LED indicator will also turn OFF. When the storage tank temperature falls 4 degrees below the setting in the HI-LIMT, the controller will then resume normal operation. The PUMP relay will always have a 30 second delay before switching ON and the BLUE LED will always show its STATUS condition.
• LOW TEMPERATURE SHUT-DOWN OVERRIDE - This feature is available to prevent the system from operating at low outdoor temperatures. If this feature is enabled, normal operation will stop when the COLLECTOR temperature falls below 50°F. The PUMP relay will then be turned OFF. Normal control operation will not resume until the COLLECTOR temperature returns to 70°F or above. To enable this feature, a jumper must be placed onto the jumper pins marked “LO’ on the circuit board. Only ONE of these two override features can be enabled.
• FREEZE PROTECTION OVERRIDE - This feature is available to prevent a non-drain back “water only” system from freezing when the outdoor temperature drops too low. If this feature is enabled normal operation will stop when the COLLECTOR temperature falls below 40°F. The PUMP relay will then be turned ON until the COLLECTOR temperature reaches 55°F. Normal control operation will resume above this temperature. To enable this feature, a jumper must be placed onto the jumper pins marked “FZ’ on the circuit board. Only ONE of these two override features can be enabled.
• STATUS INDICATION LEDS - There are four status indication LEDS. The GREEN LED indicates that the microprocessor is POWERED and the SOLAR controller is running. The BLUE LED indicates PUMP operation. When ON, the PUMP is operating and solar energy is being stored in the STORAGE tank. The AMBER LED indicates if the UPPER LIMIT temperature in the storage has been exceeded. The RED LED indicates when there is a fault condition. The conditions that can cause the fault LED to turn ON are as follows: OPEN or SHORTED or OUT of RANGE temperature SENSORS, pump RELAY SWITCH NOT set to “AUT” (automatic) position and internal component malfunctions. The RED LED will always be FLASHING when the FAULT indication is ON
• SENSORS - Industrial 400°F (204°C) rated 10K IMC thermistors have +/- 1°F accuracy. When installed, they will not exceed ONE degree of additional error for cable distances up to 1000 feet of 18ga., 700 feet of 20ga. or 500 feet of 22ga.
• SENSOR SCREW TERMINALS - There are 9 screws on a GREEN block located at the top edge of the board. These terminals accept solid or stranded wire from 18ga. to 22ga. They are NEC class 2 circuit connections.
• POWER AND RELAY TERMINALS - The power terminals are for 120 vac operation (230 vac operation is optional). Use solid wire in 16 or 18 ga. and stranded (19 max) in 12 or 14 ga. The power RELAY is rated for 20 Amps and is designed to connect directly to PUMPS or FANS not exceeding a total of 1 hp. A 30 amp. (resistive load) board option is available. Current and voltage ratings will vary for models with cords and receptacles. See model label for specific ratings.
IMPORTANT NOTICE These EAGLE Series Temperature Controls are intended to control equipment under normal operating conditions. Where failure or malfunction of EAGLE Series Control could lead to an abnormal operating condition that could cause personal injury or damage to the equipment or other property, other devices (limit or safety controls) or systems (alarm or supervisory) intended to warn of or protect against failure or malfunction of the EAGLE Series Control must be incorporated into and maintained as part of the control system.
Product Manufacturer: IMC Instruments, Inc.
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering product info and ordering support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
Processing and Delivery Information: Please allow Processing Time as stated above for your order, plus standard transportation delivery time. Orders placed after 2PM EST may not begin processing until the next business day. Please call for Rush Processing and/or Rush Shipping options.