Get even more efficiency from your solar heating system!
Pentair control systems can optimize energy use and equipment performance by automating and synchronizing equipment scheduling. They prevent problems and waste so you don't have to rely on your memory or limited time clocks to operate or turn off equipment.
Automated control systems can help offset rising utility costs. Equipment schedules are easily altered to account for changes in pool usage, weather, and other factors that impact overall equipment performance. Equipment isn't accidentally left on for extended periods, thereby wasting energy (for example: lights, cleaners, heaters). Control systems make it easier to take advantage of off-peak, seasonal utility rates.
SunTouch™ Solar provides set it and forget it convenience by knowing exactly when to turn your system on and off.
An Eco Select™ Choice
The Eco Select™ brand from Pentair identifies the "greenest" and most efficient equipment choices. SunTouch Solar control systems can optimize energy use and equipment performance by automating and synchronizing equipment scheduling. This prevents problems and waste when users rely on their memories or limited time clocks to operate or turn off equipment.
Pentair SunTouch Automation Package Includes:
• Power Center/Control Panel
• Two Pentair 3-Way Valves
• Two Pentair valve actuators
• Water and solar temperature sensors
• Built-in self diagnostics
• Supports IntelliFlo® VS-3050, IntelliChlor® & QuickTouch® remote
• Power center with push-button digital control panel and backlit LCD readout. Digital controls allow you to set your desired pool temperature and solar temperature differentials at the touch of a button, and automatically send water to the solar collectors when conditions are just right.
• Solar Valves— The valve automatically drains the solar collectors when the pump shuts off.
• Motorized valve actuators— Valve Actuators are used to automate plumbing arrangements, making even the most complex system easy to use and hassle free.
• Sensors—Water and solar temperature sensors that constantly monitor the temperature of your solar collectors and pool for more precise heating.
SunTouch Solar Control Unit
Make the most of the sun's energy with the SunTouch™ Solar Automation System. Simply set SunTouch Solar's digitally controlled thermostat at a comfortable temperature. The system will monitor the temperature of your solar collectors & your pool. Whenever the sun offers sufficient energy for effective heating, SunTouch Solar controls a motorized valve, sending filtered water to the solar collectors. Should clouds or wind reduce ambient temperatures, the system shuts the valve to prevent cool water from entering the pool. You'll never have to worry again about turning your solar system on or off.
• One touch function - no complicated routine to memorize
• Ability to program pool and spa and two additional features.
• All circuits in the system can control four operating schedules
• (maximum six total schedules per system)
• Supports 4 features circuits for programming convenience
• Compatible with gas or electric heaters, heat pumps, & solar systems
• Temperature control can be set in one degree increments
• Supports IntelliFlo® VS Pump & IntelliChlor® Salt Chlorine Generator
Pentair SunTouch Control Brochure
Pentair SunTouch Control Installation and Owner's Manual
Product Manufacturer: Pentair Pool Products
Pentair 3-Way Valve
Pentair valves have excellent flow characteristics and are manufactured to the same strict quality standards as all other components and accessories from Pentair Pool Products. They are constructed of durable PVC and provide a lifetime of superior performance at an economical price. All Pentair valves are easily installed, simple to use, and prove a long, lube-free operation.
For the ultimate in pool operation convenience, the new Pentair valve can also be paired with an actuator to provide fully automated valve operation.
• PVC* construction for reliability, CPVC lid
• Teflon composite diverter seal requires no lubrication
• Optimum positive-seal for leak-free performance
• High flow-rate for optimum circulation
• Withstands pressure up to 150 psi
• Maximum sealing pressure 35 psi
• Accepts 1-1/2 inch, 2 inch, and 2 1/2 inch PVC plumbing
• Field-adjustable stops ensure precise positioning while
• simplifying use
• Plumb with inlet at any port
* PVC valves are not recommended for climates that can reach air temperatures over 105ş F - For high temperatures use CPVC valves.
• One year limited manufacturer warranty
• Lifetime seal warranty
The 3-Way Pentair valve is available in standard size 1 1/2" pool input to 2" solar system connection, or in the oversized 2" pool input to 2 1/2" solar system connection.
Solar Heating Application:
The 3-way manual control valve is easily used to turn the solar heater on or off, plus regulate the flow of water and adjust the temperature. Manual adjustments only need to be made occasionally as the seasons change.
Pentair Valve Actuator
Valve Actuators provide automatic pre-programmed switching of the water supply from one feature to another.
• Prevents dead-heading of pumps
• Corrosion-proof enclosure
• Includes 25 ft. cable
• Service switch (for flow direction)
• ETL recognized
• UL listed for use with IntelliTouch®
• Operates Compool, Ortega or Jandy Valves
• Compatible with all 24VAC Control Systems
• Voltage: 24 VAC
• Cable: 3-wire 25 feet
• Roation: 180 degrees
• Compatibility: 3-port Compool/Ortega/jandy Valves
• Motor: Bi-directional
Product Manufacturer: Pentair Pool Products
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering unit selection and sizing support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
Delivery Information: Please allow 3 to 5 business days for orders
to be processed, plus standard transportation delivery time.
Note: All product performance tests and claims are that of the
manufacturer, not The Energy Supermarket.