A.O. Smith Cirrex SUNX™ Indirect Solar Booster Tank - 120 gallon
A. O. Smith indirect solar booster water heaters are specially designed for installation as part of a closed loop solar water heating system. They provide an energy-efficient supplementary source of water heating power and hot water storage to help maintain consistent water temperature during periods when the solar components cannot meet system demands. Count on A. O. Smith for innovative products that provide hot water solutions for residential renewable energy applications.
Solar Booster Tank Features:
Internal Heat Exchanger
• Single wall internal coil-type heat exchanger for the most efficient heat transfer from solar panels
• Suitable for propylene glycol heat transfer fluid with corrosion inhibitor
• 4500 watt heating element – long lasting low-watt density design
spreads wattage over larger surface area to prolong element life and
• Prewired for surface mount temperature sensor (sensor supplied
• PermaGlas® Ultra Coat™ Glass Lined Steel Tank – patented glass
lining protects against corrosion to maximize tank life.
• 2 Inch thick “Environmentally-Friendly” Non-CFC Foam insulation
(R16 Value) reduces standby heat loss.
Dynaclean™ Diffuser Dip Tube
• Helps reduce lime and sediment buildup to maximize hot water output
• Made from long-lasting PEX cross-linked polymer
Two Coregard™ Anode Rods
• Primary and secondary magnesium anodes with stainless steel core
protect tank against corrosion longer than ordinary anodes
Factory-installed CSA Certified And ASME Rated T&P Relief Valve
Durable Tamper-resistant Brass Drain Valve
Pex-lined, Heat Trap Nipples For Efficiency
AO Smith SunX Warranty: 6-year Limited Tank And Parts Warranty
|SUNX Technical Specifications|
||Permaglas® Ultra Coat™ glass lined steel tank|
||1 upper 240 Volt 4500 Watt|
||2 inches Non-CFC Foam insulation (R16 Value)|
||2 Coregard™ Magnesium Anodes|
||Internal single wall coil-type|
|Tank Diameter (Inches)
|Tank Height (Inches):
||63 1/4 |
|Shipping Weight (lbs):
Codes and Standards
Complies with current editions of: UL Standard for Household Electric Storage Tank Water Heaters, UL 174; Canadian Standard for Construction and Test of Electric Storage-Tank Water Heaters, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 110-M90; Packaged Solar Domestic Hot Water Systems (Liquid-to-Liquid Heat Transfer) For All-Season Use, F379.1-09; Packaged Solar Domestic Hot Water Systems for Seasonal Use, F379.2-09 and ICC Codes and HUD Standards. Complies with California legislation AB 1953 and Vermont legislation Act 193 that limits the lead content in plumbing fixtures that come into contact with drinking water to a maximum of 0.25%.
Product Manufacturer: AO Smith
A typical solar domestic water heating system layout is shown below
HELP » Contact Customer Support
• Toll-Free help line offering product info and ordering support
• Online e-mail technical and installation support
IMPORTANT Delivery Note:
Delivery truck driver will require handling assistance to be provided by purchaser when unloading unit from truck. Liftgate service available at an additional fee.
Please allow 3 to 14 business days for orders to be processed and the unit to be boxed and secured to a shipping pallet, plus standard transportation delivery time.